Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day Nineteen: A Talent

A talent..... umm, I don't like this topic!  But I'll give it a try.


Music has always been a HUGE part of my life, so I'll focus on that.

When I was young, my mom taught me how to play the piano.  I've been playing in church ever since.  Not a very exciting story, but it's a talent!



My mom, sister, and I used to sing together all the time.  We'd sing in church, in the car, around the piano at night, basically anywhere we could.



In high school all my friends were in marching band, but I didn't play an instrument that could be in a marching band.  Could you imagine trying to carry a piano?  Doesn't work.  So, I decided to try out for the auxiliary team and twirl flag behind the band. 

It wasn't easy.  During the practices before auditions, my brain just wasn't understanding how to twirl a flag at all!  I was just about to give up when it finally clicked and I was able to make the team.  I really enjoyed it, and I'd like to think that I was pretty good at it.  By my senior year of high school I was one of the top girls on the team.


So, I hope these qualify as talents.  This is all I got for ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...