Friday, October 22, 2010

YouTube Friday!

Yeah for Friday!  I get to show you another YouTube video that I enjoy.

Today, I'm going to take you back in time to the year 1989.  I was almost 12 years old and the biggest thing on the planet was the group New Kids On The Block.  Girls went crazy for these five guys, treating them like the Beatles of our generation.

I will gladly admit, I was a HUGE NKOTB fan.   My sister, my friend Sara, and I were in love with them.  I loved Jordan, Sara loved Joe, and my sister loved Jon.  Sara and I were able to go to a concert in Fresno.  We were in the "nose bleed" seats, but we were in the SAME ROOM as them!!!  oooooo!!  I still enjoy them, but their posters aren't plastered on my walls anymore!!

In 1992 they released the album "Step By Step" and by 1995 they had broken up.  This first video is one of my favorite NKOTB songs, and is the title track from the "Step By Step" album.


video


After 1995, NKOTB fans were left with nothing but memories.  But then, 13 years later in 2008, those same girls, now in their early 30s, had another reason to scream:  NKOTB was reuniting.  They released a new album and toured that year. 

It was amazing what the reaction was to their reunion:  people went crazy!  There was so much excitement and anticipation.

The next video is the first single from their reunion album.  The song is titled "Summertime".  The lyrics and end dance sequence are a tribute to their fans.


video


13 years later they're even more handsome!  They still "got" it!

Oh, and if you haven't seen the show "Blue Bloods" on CBS, Donnie Walhberg is wonderful!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...