Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day Twenty-Five: Something I Miss

Yeah, once again an easy topic!

There are a lot of things I miss, but what I miss the most is being able to fit into all the clothes in my closet!  When I was 23, I worked my butt off and lost 70 pounds, putting me in the BEST shape of my life.  9 years later my body has put all the weight back on.  Now, in my defense, I've had a baby, and I don't have the body that just "snaps" back into shape post baby (ooo, those women make me crazy; I hope they realize just how lucky they are!) 

Last year I began loosing weight and right as I was getting into a wonderful routine a heel spur stopped me dead in my tracks.  9 years later it's harder to exercise.  I'm older, I have a 3 1/2 year old to keep up with with, I work, keep a house in order.  But let's face it:  I love food too much to not eat it and I'm lazy!

I keep trying to loose the weight, but it's not going to happen until I'm truly ready:  which means no more excuses, and basically giving up the foods I love! 

I'm very grateful to have a husband who loves me and all the giggly parts that come with me!  He gets frustrated with me when I make comments about how chunky I am.  I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that this is what I look like until I'm really ready to change.  Until then I tell everyone that eating the way I do helps me maintain my giggly parts!!   

So, instead of looking like this:



I look like this:


The other part that sucks about this:  Nick hasn't changed a bit...so unfair!!

A girl can always dream, but as long as Dove chocolate candy and Dairy Queen Blizzards are around, I don't expect to be loosing any weight anytime soon!!  Oh, how I miss those days!


1 comment:

  1. You are even more beautiful than 9 years ago. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...