Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day Twenty-Seven: My Favorite Superhero and Why

Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Spiderman...why are most superheroes men?!?

Anyway, this is a fun post for me because my favorite superheroes aren't conventional superheroes.  They don't wear suits that provide protection, or have gadgets that give them awesome powers.  They don't even have a vehicle that goes very fast.  In fact, it breaks down more than any vehicle I've ever seen!  They have a horrible sense of direction, often finding themselves lost and in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Two of them could eat their way out of any situation, and they all love a good mystery.

My favorite superhereos are four teenagers and their dog.  That's right, my favorite superhereos are:

Daphne, Shaggy, Freddy, Velma, and Scooby-doo!

I have LOVED Scooby-doo my whole life.  Not the Scooby-doo cartoons or movies that are made today, but the old school Scooby-doo from 1969-1972.  Before Scrappy-doo and A Pup Named Scooby-doo were created and nearly ruined the franchise.

This show simply makes me laugh because of how ridiculous it can sometimes be!  The crazy "traps" they make to catch the bad guy (that Scooby always manages to get caught in), how everyone (the audience) knows who the bad guy is except the five of them, the kooky songs that are played during the chase scenes...what's not to love?!?

And I love that Brandon also loves Scooby-doo!

Below is one of the kooky songs that Brandon and I dance to whenever we hear it.  The words are just plain silly, talking about being in love with an ostrich.  All Scooby-doo songs are weird, but they have catchy tunes!  The song is titled "Daydreamin", and it comes from one of my favorite episodes of the show:  Jeepers, it's the Creeper!  The sound is a little slower than the animation, but you get the idea.  It was the best version I could find!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...