Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh No, Not Again

After almost three years of being seizure free the inevitable happened; I had another seizure Tuesday night.  I know that I will continue to have them my whole life, but after going so long without having one, I'd gotten comfortable with life.  I didn't think about it, didn't stress about it.  I hardly remembered that I'd ever had one.

Well, here we go again:

After all this time, this small seizure has really thrown me for a loop.  I'm wondering why I had this seizure; is my body adapting to the medication I take?  Do I just need to tweek my medication levels?  Or do we need to adjust the levels on my Vagus Nerve Stimulator?  Will this start a cycle of constant seizures again that sends my health into a downspiral?

Yes, I'm probably freaking myself out about it too much, but if you went years without having to worry about something that could potentially change your life forever, and completely take your independence away, wouldn't you be worried too?!?

My neurologist is wonderful and is willing to squeeze me into her very busy schedule.  She works at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). 

Here's to hoping that this is an isolated incident; easily fixed; one that won't happen again for a long time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. i'm sorry. i hope it was just an isolated incident. keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the anticipation of all the upcoming changes has got you too worried? I know you will be okay. It will not be a downward spiral to where you were before. Totally an isolated incident. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...