Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Possibility of Successfully Navigating an Asteroid Field....

Yes, a Star Wars reference.  You'll understand why in a minute.

This morning at work, I was talking to a co-worker and was given a piece of information that has left me completely speechless; and that's a hard thing to do!

I am a kindergarten aide and I teach in the After School Program in a nearby town.  This morning at work, I was told that another co-worker is the sister of a famous movie director.  And not just any director, mind you.  This co-worker is the sister of the creator/director of my favorite movies on the planet.

george_lucas.jpg George Lucas image by Dvaningen13

Yep, she's the sister of George Lucas!

When I heard this, my mouth fell to the floor.  Flies could've flown in I was so stunned!  I couldn't, and still can't believe that the woman who I sat next to at a meeting last week, who I had a conversation with yesterday, is the sister of George Lucas!

If it was anybody else, it wouldn't be such a big deal.  But the creator of my beloved Star Wars, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?  And to boot, she probably knows Harrison Ford, my fave actor.  She's probably met him and all the other famous actors from the franchise! 

I would NEVER bring this up to her because I'm sure she's had crazy people ask her about her famous brother her whole life.  She doesn't need to know I'm crazy about Star Wars unless it somehow comes up innocently; and I doubt it ever will!  This just kills me because it's the closest I've ever come to knowing anybody famous!  How lame am I?!?

What are the odds that this would ever happen?

Well, if you were talking to Han Solo, he'd say,


 "Never tell me the odds!"


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...