Monday, February 28, 2011

Musicals Monday

Photobucket

The Sound of Music is another wonderful musical.  I was first introduced to it when I was in 8th grade.  Our junior high was doing a production of The Sound of Music, and I was lucky enough to be cast as Maria.

The chemistry between Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer is one of the main reasons this is such a wonderful musical.  Watching them look at each other while they dance, the way Georg looks at Maria while he sings Edelwiss, and the entire scene where they admit they love each other, you forget you're watching a movie and find yourself swept up into the blooming romance!  I get goosebumps every time.

Looking on YouTube, I was hoping to find the scene where they finally admit their true feelings for each other.  I found the song Something Good, which is the song they sing to each other, but I couldn't find the actual movie scene, which bummed me out.

The video I have for you today is about the love story of Maria and Georg.  I just love how he looks at her, it is simply the sweetest thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...