Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten On Tuesday

Photobucket

10 Toys From Your Childhood

Growing up in the 1980s, we had the COOLEST toys!  Here is a list of 10 toys I had as a child; at least, the toys that I can remember!!

Cabbage Patch Kids

Every mother in the country was trying to get their hands on these when they first appeared.  Fighting, pushing, blood, moms were desperate to bring these home to their daughters!  And for some reason, we LOVED these crazy looking dolls!

Care Bears

I had two or three of these.  Rainbow Bear might've been one of them!  Is it worse that I had one, or that I can remember the name of the Care Bear I had?!?

Glo Worm

It is a stuffed worm that would glow when you squeezed it, what's not to love?

My Little Pony

Plastic horses with manes and tails that could be brushed.  With the little stamp on their behinds, girls went crazy for these.  My sister and I had a few.  The scary thing is that they've once again become popular! 

Pound Puppies
I LOVED these dogs!  I had quite a few throughout my childhood, along with the "baby" puppies.

Rainbow Brite


I remember that I LOVED the cartoon, and somewhere in the back of my mind the doll seems familiar.

Strawberry Shortcake



Pajamas, dolls, sheets, I had it all when it came to Strawberry Shortcake!

Teddy Ruxpin


Considered very advanced for the 80s, this bear could talk and actually move his mouth and eyes.  Simply put the cassette tape of his adventures into his back and watch him go!  Looking at him now, he seems like a toy that should be in a slasher movie killing people.....like Chucky or something!

The Wuzzles

Bumblelion....anyone else remember him? 

Pogo Balls

I was never any good at making the Pogo Ball work correctly, but I sure had a lot of fun trying!!

1 comment:

  1. Remember the Popples? My sisters used to tease me about my "Pink and purple popple panties." I guess it was fun to say??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...