Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Who Sings It Better?

Photobucket

We're going to travel back to the 1980s today.  Music was incredible during the 80s.  Whether you liked Michael Jackson, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Poison, Guns N Roses, or you preferred artists such as Phil Collins, Lionel Ritchie, or Billy Joel, there was something for everyone during this decade.

Released in 1981, Endless Love, originally by Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross became a huge hit.  A "power ballad" in every sense of the word, this song has been covered by many different people.

I have two versions for you today.  First up, the original by Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross.


video

Next up, a version by Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross

video

Which do I prefer?  Usually I'm all for the origianl version, but in this case I think I enjoy Mariah Carey and Luther Vandross's version better.  The video is cheesy, but I like it more.

So, who sings it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...