Thursday, April 21, 2011

Who Sings It Better?

Photobucket


It's time for another installment of "Songs From My Youth"!!  I know, I just made that up, but it sure sounds like a catchy game show title!

I've mentioned in the past how my mother used to listen to Barry Manilow while driving, and that's how I came to know who he is.  Today I have one of my favorite Barry Manilow songs, Read 'Em and Weep.



Here's what I didn't know about this song:  someone else actually wrote the song!  Barry's version is a cover.  The person who actually wrote and sang it first?  Meatloaf.  Here now is his version:



Which version do I prefer?  I like me some Meatloaf (food and musician), but Barry wins it for me.  Meatload looks very possessed while he's singing this!

So, who sings it better?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...