Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week One

Weight Loss Challenge


Day One - Saturday

Well, day one is over and I'm feeling pretty good.  I exercised this morning, and wanted to die, but felt great.  I'm quickly discovering foods that I DON'T like: 

greek yogurt:  I tried, really I did, but I don't like this stuff!

curry and cilantro:  I made an egg salad sandwich that required curry and cilantro.  No thank you...I threw the whole batch out.

turkey bacon:  Not going to happen.  If I'm going to have bacon, I'll find a lower calorie version of the good stuff!

I drank 4 liters of water, or 128 ounces, double the suggested daily amount.  My bladder forgot what it's like to have A TON of water in it.  I felt like I was 9 months pregnant again.  Hopefully my bladder will adjust soon!

I found a lot of vegetables that I like and will be able to use in many ways in the future.  And I managed to stay under my daily calorie intake, ending at 1639 for the day.

Sunday

My body made it very clear to me this morning that I exercised for the first time in quite a while yesterday.  I'm feeling my abs (which is good).  I stepped on the scale this morning and was so excited...I'm already down 1.6 pounds!!

Some people say stepping on the scale every day is bad.  I do it because it helps me to know how I can make changes to what I'm eating.  If I've gained, I know what to cut.  If I've lost, I know what to keep doing.  Plus, it helps me discover the best day to weigh myself.

Didn't get as much water in....the three hour church gap made that difficult.

Monday

Stepped on the scale again this morning....another 1.2 pounds gone!  2.8lbs total lost in only 2 days!  I'm liking this A LOT!

Exercising was easier today.  Made it through the workout without completely wanting to die!

I'm finding that it's easier to fill up my stomach faster.  Counting calories is really helpful.

Salmon......LUV IT!

And I've discovered a great snack at night when the munchies want to kick in:  1 or 2 tbsp of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips dipped into strawberries.  I use mini chocolate chips, so the calorie count isn't as big, and strawberries are healthy!  It got rid of my sweet tooth and the munchies.

Tuesday

I went to bed last night excited to step on the scale in the morning.  That hasn't happened in a LONG time!  I almost fell over when I saw what the scale said:  another 1.4 pounds lost!  In three days time I've lost 4.2 pounds!!!  I realize that this won't continue forever.  I have A LOT of weight to loose right now, eventually it will level off.  But holy cow, I am LOVING this right now!

Made some blueberry muffins from a weight watchers recipe this morning:  you know it's going to not end well when your crazy, excited son who helped you make them won't eat them!  They were not good....in my opinion!

Exercising was even easier today.  It's almost becoming, dare I say it, FUN!

Another good all around day


Wednesday

Scale this morning:  only 0.2 pounds lost.  I could let it discourage me, but better to loose something than nothing at all!  Plus, it still puts my total weight loss for the week at 4.4 pounds, about a pound a day, which is much more than I thought I'd loose.

I was thinking about not exercising today, but only loosing 0.2 pounds actually motivates me more to get up and get it done. 


Thursday

Lost another 0.4 pounds!  I was really hungry today and had trouble finding good food to eat.  Exercised today.  Brandon was my cheerleader, and exercise partner for about 5 minutes.  It was really funny watching him twist from side to side and kick his legs!


Friday

Decided that I'm not going to step on the scale every day anymore.  I put the 0.4 pounds back on!  Depressing!!!

Overall a great first week.  I lost a total of 4.4 pounds!  I'm ahead of schedule and looking forward to seeing what my body does for me next week.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...