Thursday, June 23, 2011

Who Sings It Better?

Photobucket





Popular in the 1980s, Christopher Cross sang the theme song for the movie Arthur, (The Best That You Can Be), along with the following song, Sailing.

This has always been one of my favorite songs, but it was released in 1986, before I really knew anything about music.  Years later, it took me a long time to discover who sang this.  I was SO excited when I did!







Next up, a version by NSYNC.  This video is completely cheesy, so try to listen to the song and block out the fact that they're flying through the air!






When I went searching for a cover of this song, I didn't expect to find one that I actually LIKE! 

Which version do I prefer?  This is actually a tough call.  I would probably like the NSYNC version better if they weren't flying through the air, and just singing the song.  JC does a fantastic job singing this song.  (Oh, and the only reason I know his name is because of the comments on YouTube!  This boy band was a little past my time!)  That being said, it's a great cover!

However, Christopher Cross will win for me, every single time!

So, who sings it better?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...