Friday, July 8, 2011

Week Five

Weight Loss Challenge

I'm so glad that I started keeping track of my weight loss using a blog.  I've now discovered that Saturday and Sunday are VERY BAD days for me when it comes to weight loss.  I put almost 1/2 my lost weight for the previous week BACK on during those two days!

This has been a HORRIBLE week for me, weight loss wise.  After the weight gain on Saturday and Sunday, it's been downhill from there.  This week I've gone from loosing 9.6 pounds to putting on 1.2 pounds making my total loss (as of Thursday), 8.4 pounds.

I've been in a "not wanting to do things" mood all week.  Dirty kitchen?  Forget it....I don't want to deal with it.  Laundry to clean and fold?  Whatever.  The only thing I have done this week is exercise.  Besides eating like a pig last Friday and paying for it all week, I had Panda Express last night, which just added another 1/2 pound onto the scale!

Waking up this morning (Thursday), I decided it's ok to have a bad week.  There's no time limit to weight loss, despite the fact that I want it to melt off my body.  (melt....like chocolate....ooo, chocolate!  STOP IT WENDY, IT'S ONLY 8AM!!) 

I found another DVD that I'm going to begin using.  It's called The Firm.  I got it a few years ago and have never really taken advantage of it.  It's an entire system of four DVDs that combine cardio with weight training.  It claims to burn up to three times more fat than cardio alone.  (I don't have all the DVDs on the website....they've changed the program since I bought these)

The workouts are twice as long as Gilad, so I'm going to give the longest one a try today and see if it kills me.  I need to pump up my workouts if I'm going to loose the way I want to.  Most days I'm able to stay way under my calorie count, I'm just having trouble staying away from garbage food this week.

Stepped on the scale today (Friday) and almost fell off of it.  I dropped 1.6 pounds in one day!  Since I'd put weight on this week, it didn't really do much; however, I'm finally at 10 pounds lost! 

The Firm DVD was wonderful!  It didn't feel like it was an hour at all.  And this morning, I can tell that I worked my body yesterday, and I love that feeling.  My motivation is back (I suppose loosing 1.6 pounds in one day will do that to a person!), and ready for week six.  I'm going to stay away from the fast food and instead, buy other food to indulge in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...