Friday, July 22, 2011

Week Seven

Weight Loss Challenge


As some of you know, Blogger has been a pain in the butt this week.  For some reason I an unable to get back into the saved drafts I've written to finish and post them.  Instead, they magically disappear, or I'm not even let back into the post.  I've written week seven twice now; this will be my third attempt.  Since I know I'll be posting this IMMEDIATELY, I shouldn't loose it, however now I have to try and REMEMBER the whole week...fun, fun.  Here we go again:

It looks like my body has finally caught on to this weight loss thing.  I've had an INCREDIBLE week, and I still can't believe it.

Here are the highlights from the week, (since I can't access my earlier post):

Wednesday I tried on the pair of khaki capri shorts that two weeks ago finally fit perfectly to discover that THEY ARE NOW TOO BIG!  I have one pair left that have always been a little too tight around my very gluteous maximus.  I decided to try them on, and they fit!  Could not believe it.

Since I was in an ambitious mood that morning, I also decided to pull out a shirt from the "Can't Fit It But Kept It" drawer and give it a try.  To my astonishment, the shirt fit too!  I am one, almost two shirt sizes smaller, and almost a pant size smaller.  I started pretty much busting out of the pants I have now, meaning I should've been wearing a size bigger, but refused to.  So, this is awesome. 

I am now on my last pair of capri's that fit, and then I'm stuck until I get my first paycheck.  Oh well, guess my clothes will just have to hang on me for a while!  But oh, to get to ENJOY shopping again!  I can't wait!

I've decided to try exercising in the evening hours this week, to see how my body reacts to it.  I'm very nervous about starting work again, how it will affect my weight loss.  Luckily, I've been able to do it.

The scale has been beyond amazing this week.  Last Friday I had lost 12.2 pounds.  I usually see the scale move slower in the beginning of the week, but week seven has been a steady weight loss.  By Sunday, another pound down.  Tuesday, another pound lost, and Wednesday another 0.4 lost.  I was at 14.6 just praying to make it to 15 pounds lost.  And then Thursday something VERY unexpected happened.  I stepped on the scale and thought it was lying to me....1.6 pounds lost, for a total of 16.2!!  I completely skipped my 15 pound mark and just kept on going!  After a very slow start in July, I've lost 6.2 pounds in the past TWO WEEKS!  At this rate I'm on track to loosing 20 pounds by the end of July!  And if I'm able to continue this speed once school starts, I'll be at my goal weight by the middle of November!

I'm loving this.  Whenever I think I'm too tired, or too sore to exercise, I do it anyway because I want the scale to keep moving.  It's great motivation. 

20 pounds down by the end of week eight?  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...