Friday, July 15, 2011

Week Six


Weight Loss Challenge



I'm trying so hard not to get frustrated!  I spend all week loosing weight, and then Mondays come along and for some stupid, unknown reason to me, I put it ALL BACK ON; and then have to use the new week to loose it all again! 

Week five I lost 1.6 pounds.  Monday I put 1.2 back on and have spent the entire week trying to loose it again.  So, instead of getting closer to 13 pounds lost, I was back at 11 pounds lost.  I've continued tracking my food, exercising, everything.  Guess I just need to realize that it's going to take longer to loose weight than I wanted.  I'm still on track to loose 5 pounds this month, which is really good.  At that speed, I'll have lost 40 pounds by the end of December.....fingers crossed.  By the end of March I could be at my goal.

I was very proud of myself yesterday though (Wednesday).  I was gone all day and didn't have the opportunity to exercise in the morning like I usually do.  Last night I decided to exercise because....wait for it...I WAS BORED!  Well, that and the reason that I REALLY want the scale to move down instead of up!  It was a chance to see how much energy I have at night since once school starts the end of August I'll have to exercise at night.  It wasn't that bad.  I'm hopeful that I will be able to continue with exercising!

Friday
Ok, I guess I need to stop complaining.  I have another chart I made to track my weight.  Each Friday I put my weight in the chart and it calculates how much I've lost, my BMI (body mass index), etc.  Well, I stepped on the scale today and holy cow, I lost 1.2 pounds!  I've lost 2.2 pounds this week, putting me at a total loss of 12.2 pounds!!!  I've now discovered something new.  There's something about Thursday and Friday that makes my body loose ALL  the weight for the entire week in those two days!

I have a pair of khaki capri shorts that I've been dying to fit back into.  When I tried them on two weeks ago I could get them to zip up, but if I sat down I felt like I was going to die!  Yesterday I decided to try them on again.  Not only could I zip them up, I could sit COMFORTABLY in them, and for THE ENTIRE DAY!  I'm so excited because this means I'm getting closer to a smaller size!  When I started loosing weight, I was almost at a larger size, now I'm almost two sizes smaller than the larger size!!  (Maybe someday I'll admit to everyone what that larger size would have been.....but not until I reach my weight loss goal!)

Look out 15 pounds...I'm coming for you, I'm coming for you quickly!!

2 comments:

  1. OK, let's see if my post makes it to you. Congratulations. You are really sticking to it. It is so hard. I know it better than anyone. I blame my inability to lose on my old age. It is really true what they say, the older you get the harder to lose. Even with tons of exercise it won't come off. I have decided that I will at least be fit. Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, my post went through. Not without lots of problems. I guess I am not meant to post with ease. I do read everything and enjoy your blog a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...