Friday, August 19, 2011

Week Eleven

Weight Loss Challenge

My body continues to go full speed ahead.  Saturday I lost another 0.6lbs, taking me to 24.4lbs lost.  Due to having WAY TOO MANY things to do, I was unable to exercise; which means I hadn't exercised since Wednesday morning.

Later that day, I went into my closet and started boxing clothes; not because they were too small, because THEY WERE TOO BIG!!!!  Oh man, that felt SO GOOD!  I needed to make room for the clothes that do fit, and the clothes that I will be buying in the future.

Sunday I figured I was a goner.  Having not exercised in three days, the scale HAD to go up.  I closed my eyes and prayed that it wouldn't be too harsh on me.  Another 1.4lbs down, surpassing the 25lb mark, 25.8lbs lost!

Sunday night I set my alarm for 4am Monday morning.  I was going to try exercising before work.  I got up, prayed that Brandon wouldn't wake up, and began exercising.  Things were going great until about 1/2 way through when I started to feel sick to my stomach.  I had to cut the exercising short, and 30 minutes later I "lost" the water I had drank and the Pepto Bismal I took to ease my stomach pain.

I don't know if my stomach did that because I hadn't eaten yet, or if maybe I had a stomach bug (I felt horrible the rest of the day, but had work; fun, fun).  Either way, I was EXHAUSTED by 8am, and I've decided that I'd rather exercise at night when I can just fall into bed when I'm done, instead of trying to wake up before the rest of the world and be ready for a nap by 8am!

Tuesday I attempted exercising at night.  I finished the hour, but once again I felt like I was going to be sick.  And if that wasn't enough, an old injury decided to rear it's ugly head. 

A few years ago I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis in the heel of my right foot.  It sidelined me the last time I attempted to loose weight.  I ended up purchasing implants from The Good Feet Store (which WERE NOT cheap), and the pain went away...like it was supposed to.  When my heel began hurting again Tuesday night, I got nervous.  So I decided to take the rest of the week off from exercising.  I didn't want this to become a problem, and I was tired of feeling sick to my stomach!

Needless to say, since I haven't exercised, I've gained weight this week.  Oh well, there's always next week.  Life is getting CRAZY with work starting.  It will probably take a few weeks for life to calm down again.  For now, I've lost 23lbs and I'm thrilled.

I've mentioned in the past that if I passed the 25lb mark I would include pictures.  I might not be there today, but since I was there last week, here you go.  Remember:  this is a BIG DEAL for me because I HATE GETTING MY PICTURE TAKEN!

This is me in October, 2010.  Observe the fat face, chunky arms, thick, "love handle" waist, and thunder thighs!



AND NOW, THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...............

(I can tell you're all on the edge of your seats!!)





This is me, last Sunday. 

I see the weight loss the most in my face, and arms.  You can't tell since I'm wearing a skirt, but my legs are also taking shape.  The "love handles" are also disappearing.  My sweet mom said to me, "Wendy, you're developing a figure!"  I laughed.  I couldn't really see the weight loss until I saw these two pictures.  I knew I was loosing weight because my clothes were too big, but when you see yourself everyday, it's different.  I am down two pant sizes, and three shirt sizes.


So, once again:

BEFORE:


CURRENTLY:


3 comments:

  1. You have always been beautiful to me but DANG GIRL. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! good for you! do you still have your shoe inserts? that would be awesome if you do. hopefully you can get past the nausea thing. you look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. Once you put your mind to something there is no stopping you. There had to be an adjustment period when you daily lifestyle changed when work started. You will get back into the grove. You look so wonderful. I agree with Jill. I have always thought you were beautiful, you are just even more beautiful. Just keep on keeping on. Congratulations. You have inspired me and I hope I don't get discouraged when I don't see the scale go down every day. I need to be realistic and do what you do, keep going no matter what. Way to go. Love you so much, mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...