Friday, August 5, 2011

Week Nine

Weight Loss Challenge

This is the first time in nine weeks that I've wanted to roll over and give up.  There have been a lot of adjustments to my life this week with work starting up again, and I am NOT HAPPY about what has happened.

Earlier this week I posted on Facebook that exercising at night sucks.  I was later informed by a friend that simply exercising sucks!

This has been a rough week.  Who would think that sitting in a chair for seven hours a day during training week would be so mentally and physically draining?  My brain has been on information overload all week.  It has been awful.  My body is trying to adjust to exercising at night, but it's NOT happy about it.  My mind is willing, but oh boy, my body just doesn't want to come along for the ride.

Eating hasn't been hard.  I bought Smart Ones breakfasts and lunches, took healthy snacks, and drank lots of water while I was at work.  So I've been able to keep that part of life normal.

Monday I was able to exercise, no problem.  Wednesday after exercising, I felt like I was going to throw up.  Thursday night I struggled the entire hour; my body didn't want to move.  I haven't been as sore as I was Friday since my first week of the challenge.

It was bad enough that I've struggled exercising all week, but to make matters worse my weight has fluctuated all week.  I started by gaining 0.4lbs, then loosing 0.6lbs.  I then lost another 0.4lbs, and when I stepped on the scale Friday morning I had gained 0.6lbs, putting me back to a total of 19lbs lost.  I was beyond pissed off when I stepped on the scale!  So, as of Friday, I'd lost 0.8lbs after all the ups and downs.  I stepped on this scale this morning (Saturday), and simply wanted to die.....I gained another pound putting me back to 18 pounds lost.  I gained 1.6 pounds this week.  I'm ready to scream, but I'll wake up the apartment complex if I do!

Looking back at my weight loss chart, I noticed that I struggle the most the first week of every month.  I wanted to die the first week of July because I only lost 0.4lbs.  So, I don't know if my crazy weight this week has been because of my work schedule and exercising at night, or because it's the first week of the month.  I guess only time will tell.  I know I should be patient, but this is freaking me out.  I want the scale to go DOWN, not UP!

The only other thing I can think to do is try and exercise in the morning.  I don't like exercising at night.  However, I already have to get up at 5:30am to get ready for work.  If I'm not on the road by 7am, I hit MASSIVE traffic and would be late to work.  This means I would have to get up around 4:20am, spend an hour exercising and then get ready for work.  I'm an early riser, but I don't know if I can do this.  Plus, I don't know if Brandon would sleep through my exercising.  Our apartment isn't exactly huge.

I'M SO FRUSTRATED! 

So it's on to week ten.  I will be able to exercise during the day this next week because we have a week off after the mind draining training week.  If my weight starts declining the way it normally does, I'll know that exercising at night is just not going to happen for me and I will attempt the 4am routine.

I am very upset, a little scared, and extremely nervous.  However, I have lost 18 pounds, and will continue to loose weight.  I just have to figure out how to do it now that work has started again.  Trial and error I suppose.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP! 


1 comment:

  1. It doesn't matter what time of day you exercise. I used to go to the gym at 9:00 at night. It was just one of those weeks. You can't expect the scale to go down every week. High expectations. It will go down just doing what you are doing. Plus, it is going to slow down as well. The smaller you get the more patient you have to be. You can do it. Once you have your mind made up you go. Carry on. And yes, remember those 18 lbs. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...