Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Beautiful Blouse and The Terrible Temporary Fence

So, yesterday my sister and I went shopping for new clothes for me.  Loosing weight has brought one fun issue:  EVERYTHING IN MY CLOSET IS TOO BIG!

Away we went, her as my fashion consultant, and I the humble client, to find me clothes.  She found this really cute blouse at Kohls, and I bought it.

I decided to wear the blouse to work today.  Since the school is still under construction, there is a temporary fence installed around the playground so the students can go outside for recess.  As I was leaving work today, I was certain that I had cleared the fence, and was far enough away to take the step around.  And then I heard an awful sound.....RRRRIIIIPPPP!  I looked down and my BRAND NEW BLOUSE had a HUGE, gaping hole in it!  I simply couldn't believe my eyes.  I haven't been shopping for clothes in over a year, and the first time I wear the blouse it ends up destroyed?  Not fair.

There was no way I would be able to attempt to take this back to Kohls, so I instead went there searching for this shirt again.  It wasn't in my size at the store I bought it at yesterday, but luckily it's on hold for me at a Kohls in Salt Lake City.

See the pretty blouse....with the hole on the left side?

Yep, there is no way this baby can be sewed back together!

Again, such a beautiful blouse!

And such a terrible hole!

The lesson for today:  stay away from temporary fences!

3 comments:

  1. oh no! what a bummer. i'm so sorry. Darn fence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. I know how long you have been saving and waiting to shop. Losing 30 lbs warrants a shopping spree. Darn that fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wear it under a cardigan! then button the cardigan half-way up. no one will ever know. still.... that fence should totally reimburse you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...