Sunday, October 23, 2011

What Week Are We In???

Weight Loss Challenge


Well friends, until life slows down.....(like next summer), my weight loss challenge is over, and maintaining my current weight continues.  Call it an excuse, call it whatever you want, but there is simply no time to exercise. 

I miss not being able to exercise, I really want to loose that last 20-30 pounds, it's just not going to happen for a while.  So I will take with me the tools I've learned and keep using them until I can really get back on the bandwagon and do this right again.

I came across an article a few days ago, and I still can't decide how I feel about it.  A man named Drew Manning, who is a personal trainer, has decided to go from being extremely fit, to fat, and then fit again to help show people how it's done.  Read his story here.

Someone please explain this to me.  I can't figure out if I'm offended by this, or if I should be applauding him for wanting to help so many people.

Pros to what I think he's doing:
- learning how hard it is for people who struggle with their weight; that it's like an addiction to many
- his transformation has been disgusting to watch; something that might help people realize how quickly they can become obese

Cons:
- he's a personal trainer....do you really think it will be that difficult for him to shed this weight?  He's got access to all the right equipment, he's got all the knowledge, and HE'S A MAN....we all know they loose weight easier than women!!  If I could afford a personal trainer, and someone who could cook for me, I'd be down the last 20-30 pounds too! 

Yeah, I don't think I like this.  It feels like a slap in my face.

His challenge is almost over and then loosing his weight begins.  It will be interesting to see just how quickly, and easily he does it; because I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that he will look just like his before picture, in no time at all.

Be sure to check out the link at the bottom of the article; he has a blog, and many videos on YouTube where people have told him what he had to eat each week.



1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard about this guy. It bothers me too, because many people who put on weight do so because of lots of stress, medical disorders, and/or (probably most often) lifelong habits that are really hard to break. If he thinks that his weight loss will show everyone how to do it, I think he's mistaken. I'm interested to see what happens, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...