Friday, February 10, 2012

Liberty Hill To The Rescue


This has been a CRAZY week! 

A few weeks ago we began looking for a new place to live.  We knew we wanted to live in a townhouse, and get out of apartment living.  After living in this HORRIBLE complex for over a year, we're tired of hearing every footstep, toilet flush, shower, party, barking dog, and creek made by our horrible neighbors.  (and no, I'm not exaggerating at all.  As I write this, our neighbors are upstairs in their apartment and I know exactly where they are because we can hear their footsteps!)

We also want Brandon to be able to run and jump around like a 5 year old should be able to, without our neighbors complaining.  Oh, and being able to exercise WHENEVER I WANT TO without said neighbors knocking on my door to whine would be fantastic!  A townhouse would give us this, along with the feel of a house, without the big payment.

It all came together yesterday.  We wanted to stay in Sandy, but we found a townhouse community in Draper, the next city south.  The last time all the "chips" fell into place like this was when we moved to Utah.  The complex had a five month waiting list that was just lifted this week.  The exact townhouse I wanted was available, it's a smoke and pet free community, and to make it even sweeter, it's an end unit and the model home is next door, so WE WON'T HAVE ANY NEIGHBORS AT ALL!   

Welcome to our new townhouse!  I will have a kitchen pantry, (which I don't have now), an island with cabinets inside, (don't have one of those), a coat closet (also something I don't have now), IN UNIT, BRAND NEW LAUNDRY (which means we can sell ours and don't have to move it!), a linen closet (another thing I don't have now!), huge closets, AND A GARAGE!  (yep, I don't have that now either!)  I've never been big on cleaning bathrooms, but now that we'll have 2.5 of them, I'll have to get over it.

It's in a much higher elevation than where we live now, so it's much colder.  And it has a country feel to it, (which Nick loves) even with the other townhouses around it.  The video walkthrough is the model next door to us, and is the same layout as our new place.  We move the beginning of March, and I begin packing tomorrow!







2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAY!!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy--this is Suzanne, from Turlock...the one who married Jared Bree all those years ago. You'll never believe this, but I was on google images looking for a vertical picture of the Oakland Temple, and when I clicked on one I liked, your blog popped up. I thought "Toale Family? No way." So I scrolled down and sure enough--saw your picture! This is a fabulous blog! I'm so happy to have found it and to read that things are going well for you! You are probably well into your townhouse by now, and loving every minute of it. We just moved to a new place too (in Puyallup, Washington). Can you believe I just spent the last 15 months living in Tulare (a couple of blocks from my parents) while Jared was in Iraq. Crazy! Anyway, it's great to "see" you. I will add your blog to my blogroll and definitely be a regular reader. I look forward to reading back in yours, especially with the weight loss thing. I'm in the middle of my own weight loss thing, but I have a separate blog for that.

    OK, sorry for rambling. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...