Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Guilty Pleasure

For those who have known me since I was a teenager, this will come as no surprise to you.....as for the rest of you, this should give you a GREAT laugh!

I am a huge fan, to this day, of New Kids On The Block.  They were "my" boy band growing up.  I know the words to almost every song, I had their posters all over the walls in my bedroom, the pins that would go onto my clothing, every album, t-shirt, and concert I could find was mine.  I watched the Saturday morning cartoon.  It sucked, but I am a "blockhead" through and through, so I watched it.

I was soooo excited when I heard they had come back together in 2008 and released another album.  The album was pretty good, nothing to write home about, but I enjoyed a few of the songs quite a bit.

Fast forward to two weeks ago.  They've released another album, and it's a very different sound for them.  I watched the first video from the album, and completely fell in love with the song.  I bought the album last weekend, and I have to say I really enjoy it.

The funny thing is that Brandon really likes the song too,  So much, in fact, that last weekend when my mom was babysitting, he turned on youtube, found the video, and showed it to my mom!  And what's even better.....MY MOM WATCHED IT WITH HIM!!  What a grandma!

Laugh all you want, they are my boy band, and I will love them until I'm dead!  This song speaks to the chubby girl in me!

Enjoy my guilty pleasure:  New Kids On The Block.  I'm so bummed that they aren't touring near where I live, I would be there in a heartbeat!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...