Monday, February 24, 2014

30 Days of TV: Day 11


A Show That Disappointed You


During the past summer Olympics, I actually had cable.....I know, insert stunned face here!  Ads for the following show were all over the place, as it was being hyped and trying to gain attention.  It worked.  I was completely interested, and the fact that JJ Abrams (responsible for Alias) was involved in the show helped excite me even more.  The premiere for this show came on during the Olympics, and I was hooked within minutes.  It was fast-paced, full of action, had a great cast.  The show that disappointed me is:






So, what happened?

Well, I'm not really sure.  Season 1 was incredible.  I was stunned (in a good way) about some of the things that happened.  But by the time the season finale came around, I wasn't dying to know what was going to happen.  It wasn't "must see TV" for me anymore.  By then I also didn't have cable, and had to watch it on the internet.  I never got around to watching the season finale.

Anyway, season 1 posted to Netflix over this last summer, and I decided to give it another try.  I watched the whole season again, and watched the season finale too.  I was a little more enthused to watch season 2 when it premiered last fall, but by the second episode, I was done.  It was going in a very odd direction, and was getting more and more violent.  I've been told by some that the season got better.

Perhaps when it posts to Netflix I'll give it another try.  I most likely will, just out of curiosity.  But this is the show that has disappointed me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...