Sunday, February 16, 2014

30 Days of TV: Day 3


Your Favorite New Show (Aired This Season)


I don't have cable.  All of my TV viewing comes from either Netflix or the few internet channels that allow viewership of complete TV episodes.  Unfortunately network cable channels are now making it more difficult to watch shows unless you are a cable subscriber.  USA did it first with the final season of Burn Notice.  You could only watch it if you put in your TV account number.  Why would I watch it on the internet if I could watch it on cable?  They're just forcing people to subscribe to cable again.  ABC has also done it.   CBS is my "staple" network.  If the day ever comes where they block their internet channel, then there will be major issues!  Bottom line is that I haven't watched any new shows that aired this season.  That being said, my favorite new show (which is currently on Netflix!) is:



Sherlock is a British television drama that is a contemporary adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories.  Sherlock is a "consulting detective" and assists in solving crimes. Dr. John Watson was just returned from Afghanistan and helps him.  

My sister told me about this show, and I was hooked within the first 5 minutes.  I teach literature in 5th grade, and one of the core knowledge books we read is Sherlock Holmes.  To be perfectly honest, I DID NOT like the book at all.  This show however, is IN.CRED.I.BLE!!!!!  Watching Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock), and Martin Freeman (Watson) play off of each other is so fun.  The stories are brilliantly written, and the way they show how Sherlock's mind works is amazing.

I just finished watching the show last night.  Holy cow, simply amazing.  Season 1 & 2 are on Netflix.  Season 3 in on PBS Masterpiece only until March 4th.  There may only be 9 episodes to this show, but they are 90 minutes long each, so it's like watching a full length movie.  That also helps explain the almost 2 years that fans have to wait between each season....major bummer.






A lot of the words to this next video are perfect, however, please realize that these two are not in a romantic relationship!  Their friendship makes each of them whole.  It's more of a 'bromance'!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...