Tuesday, February 18, 2014

30 Days of TV: Day 5


A Show You Hate


I used to absolutely LOVE the show that I now hate.  For many seasons it brought joy and happiness, music and laughter into my life.  Then things started to change.  People left the show, and others were brought in to "fill their shoes".  It just didn't work anymore; the magic was gone.

The show I now hate is:




The first few seasons were fun.  I didn't start watching until season 2 when it was between Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard.  I was STUNNED when Clay didn't win, because let's face it; he is better than Ruben.




I continued watching.  Carrie Underwood was fabulous and I finally was happy with a win.  The last season I actually remember watching was season 8, when Adam Lambert came into the world of American Idol.  Holy cow, this guy can sing, and it was so fun to watch him evolve as a performer each week.  I didn't care about the black nail polish, and mascara, it was Adam.




And then, once again, America let us down; Adam didn't win.  The world, and the judges, were stunned, and I have NO IDEA who did win.  I kept watching because Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, and Randy Jackson were so much fun together.


When Simon and Paula left, I was done.  I'll get this wrong, but I know that Jennifer Lopez came on to judge, as did Steven Tyler.  They left, and Mariah Carey, some weird singer named Niki something came on, along with Keith Urban.  B-O-R-I-N-G!!  The magic was gone, the show became all about the judges and their drama, and I completely lost interest.

When you have a show where you leave America to judge, they will get it wrong almost every single time!  Here's a little Adam Lambert for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...