Friday, February 14, 2014

30 Days of TV: Day 1

I've missed blogging.  Life has been busy, and I haven't had the time, but I've wanted to get back into it.  When I first started a few years back, I did the 30 Day of Me challenge, and I really enjoyed it.  I was looking around the internet a few days ago, and found a 30 days of TV challenge.  I liked the topics, so I thought I'd give it a try.  So, without further ado, here we go.

Day 1:  Saddest death of an actor



I actually changed this from what Day 1 on the list really was.  Yesterday, the man who played Gibbs' father on NCIS, Ralph Waite, passed away at the age of 85.  Many know him as the patriarch on the TV show The Walton's, but that was a little before my time.  I am a HUGE fan of NCIS; as you will come to know throughout these 30 days.  Cast as Gibbs' father in 2008, these two actors played off each other PERFECTLY!  Right out of the gate he was given a great storyline and I fell in love with this actor, and the character of Jackson Gibbs.

When I read this morning that he had passed away, I shed a tear.  I hope that NCIS gives him a proper send off.  This is a character that can't be recast...the chemistry between Ralph Waite and Mark Harmon was just fantastic.  Waite MADE this character.  Here are some clips that show their relationship.










The Johnny Cash song in the background really annoys me, but this video is great.  Oh, and the actor playing Gibbs' as a teenager is actually Mark Harmon's son....so cool!





Ralph Waite, you will be missed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...