Saturday, February 1, 2014

The State of Our Union....

If you know me,  you know that I am not a fan of our current President AT ALL.  I said that I wasn't going to listen to the State of the Union because, let's face it:  the sound of his voice makes me want to poke my eyes out with a fork.  All many people in this country hear are lies whenever this man opens his mouth.  

That being said, I did listen to the commentary about it the next morning, since I knew only the highlights would be covered.  He is still claiming that he will close Gitmo, a promise he made 6 years ago.  Frankly, I believe it should be kept open, so I'm fine with that lie.  There were many other topics that were covered by commentators that I can't remember, and have no desire to look up on the internet. However, when I heard the following statement from him, I almost choked on my cereal:

“America does not stand still – and neither will I. So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that’s what I’m going to do.” 

Excuse me?  Did our President just say that he plans on becoming the first Dictator in America?  I was under the impression that the Founding Father's created the 3 branches of Government to be used as a checks and balances system to keep people from obtaining all the power and control and doing whatever they wanted.

Despite not wanting to hear it, I found the clip.  By 1:20 he's done with his "ultimate power" statement.



Notice how everyone clapped at the end of this statement.  Seriously?  He just said he's going to go around ALL THE PEOPLE IN THAT ROOM WHENEVER HE WANTS.  That means all the people in that room who are clapping for this INCREDIBLY ALARMING STATEMENT are out of jobs too.  Yet, they clap....idiots.

The morning after the SOTU, Glenn Beck was talking about this and made a very interesting comparison.  Being the Star Wars fan that I am, listening to Beck call Obama Emperor Palpatine made me think of this clip:



Glenn was right.  He's speaking like he plans on becoming an Emperor.  Why aren't those in a position to stop this not doing something about it?

I saw a Facebook post that said:  "Nixon wiretapped a hotel room and was impeached.  Obama has wiretapped the entire country and no one is doing a thing to stop him."  It is very scary.




I'll give George Lucas this:  Padme's line is right on.  "So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause".


The world would by no means be perfect, but I truly believe that we would be A LOT BETTER OFF, and that the Constitution of the United States wouldn't be in jeopardy, along with all of our freedoms.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...