Friday, March 28, 2014

30 Days of Music: Day 5

An Acoustic Song You Love




I have been a Bryan Adams fan for many, many years.  MTV began a show in the 1990s titled "Unplugged" where different musical artists would come and perform their greatest hits "stripped" down, using the least amount of instruments, and using different instruments from the original songs.  The show was a great success, and many artists came and participated on the show.

Bryan Adams "unplugged" version of "Heaven" is one of my favorite versions of an acoustic song.  Below you'll find both; the unplugged version, followed by the original.

Enjoy!




I love the vulnerability that an acoustic song creates.  It feels like I'm right there with the artist when they were first writing the song.  It's raw, and full of emotion.  And hey, it's Bryan Adams, so there's another plus!




I've also always loved this version, even though the video is a little ridiculous.  The acoustic version wins for me though.

Which version do you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...