Sunday, March 30, 2014

30 Days of Music: Day 7

A Song That Means A lot to You




When I was younger my family would travel to the Bay Area in California to visit my grandparents.  Every time we would cross over the mountains and change the radio station, my favorite song (at that time) would play at one point during the last hour of the drive.  It was really strange because it would happen every single time we went.  It became something to look forward to during the trip.

This song also holds a lot of meaning to me because it was my very first favorite song.  I have loved it since the first moment I heard it.  What girl doesn't want a man who will fight for her honor, or be the hero she's been dreaming of?  Goosebumps are coming!  From the soundtrack of the movie Karate Kid:  Part II, here is "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera.







The next song that means a lot to me is "November Rain", by Guns N' Roses.  This has more of a sentimental meaning for me.  When I was in high school, my friends and I would go to church dances.  "November Rain" was a VERY popular song and was usually played at each dance.

During this time, one of my oldest friends had a crush on me.  At 9 minutes long, this was the song where he would ask me to dance with him....because it was so long!  (He was always really clever that way!)  It became almost a routine because at each dance, this song would play, and over to me he would walk asking me to dance.  I'd hear the first 3 notes and know that he was on his way over.  And when most people would stop dancing around the 8 minute mark because it sounds like it's over, he knew it wasn't and would keep me until the song truly was over.  I hadn't listened to this song in a REALLY long time, and when I heard it a few days ago, I smiled as the memories came flooding back.  Good times, and a great song!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...