Friday, April 11, 2014

30 Days of Music: Day 19

A Song That Reminds You of Your Best Friend


From 1997-1999 I attended Ricks college (now BYU-Idaho) and met some of the best friends I've had in my entire life.  They introduced me to country music, helped me learn how to be happy being me, and they taught me how to laugh.  To this day some of the happiest times of my life were when I was with these people.






One song comes to mind when I think about the people in these pictures.  "A Friend To Me" by Garth Brooks.  It came to be a special song between a few of us, and it makes me a little teary eyed when I listen to it now.

The following video is a little on the cheesy side, but the wonderful lyrics are underneath.



Well you and I
We're buddies
And we've been since we first met
Me and you
Well we've sure been through
Our share of laughter and regret

Lord knows we've had our bad days
And more than once we've disagreed
But you've always been a friend to me

You can be so stubborn
There's times I think you just like to fight
And I hope and pray
I live to see a day
When you say I might be right

And there's times I'd rather kill you
Than listen to your honesty
But you've always been a friend to me

You've always been
Time and again
The one to take my hand
And show to me it's okay to be
Just the way I am
With no apology

Oh you've always been
And you will 'til God knows when
Yes you've always been a friend to me




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...