Sunday, April 20, 2014

30 Days of Music: Day 28

Oldies!!!

I am a HUGE fan of music from the 1960s and 1970s.  Growing up my dad used to listen to music from the 60s and 70s, and I HATED it.  Not until I was older did I come to really like it.  Music from that era was so much fun.  The words were simple, often stupid.  Then in the late 60s, early 70s the words to the songs often turned political.

It was difficult to pick just a few, but I managed to do it.  Below are just a few of my favorite oldies.


"Windy" has some of dumbest lyrics, but the tune is so fun!  And of course, when I sing it, the lyrics are "Everyone knows it's W-E-N-D-Y"!  I love this video, how they use a flowchart to show the words!






"These Eyes" by The Guess Who is next.  






"Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf is a great song.






R-E-S-P-E-C-T.....still not hard to spell, is it?  This is all we want!






One of the greatest songs of the 1960s, "Sweet Home Alabama" is next!!






Their voices are smooth and fabulous!






A great anthem for women!






How could I not put Elvis in this list?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...