Wednesday, June 11, 2014

30 Days of Star Wars: Day 11

Favorite Jedi

I have to swallow my hatred of the prequels for this post...well, just a little bit!  My favorite Jedi is my favorite because of the three horrible movies he was in.  We knew very little about this Jedi before The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith came out.  This Jedi was only in the original trilogy for about an hour total.  However, in that hour, a legend was created, and a hero was born in the prequels.  Who is my favorite Jedi?





Below is a video I found on YouTube.  I've seen a lot of YouTube videos, but this one is incredible. The song is perfect, the editing is phenomenal.  It beautifully tells the story of why Obi-Wan Kenobi is the hero that he is.




Let's give the credit to the men who deserve it.  Alec Guiness did a wonderful job in the original trilogy.  He gave life to this man who clearly has a difficult past, and is full of secrets.  We gain respect and admiration for Ben Kenobi quickly, even though he's only in Star Wars for about 30 minutes.

Ewan McGregor, who portrayed Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequels, did an AMAZING job. Obi-Wan would not be my favorite Jedi if not for Ewan.  He worked with a script that was often RIDICULOUS, and sold every moment to the audience.  I was temporarily able to look past the STUPIDITY of the prequels when he was on screen. Ewan's emotions sold his anguish when Qui-Gon Jinn was killed, and his torment when Anakin turned to the dark side.  I've already mentioned that lightsaber duel.  Ewan made that duel, and this Jedi, epic!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...