Sunday, June 15, 2014

30 Days of Star Wars: Day 15

Favorite Moment From Return of The Jedi

I love the first and last 45 minutes of this movie.  Watching Luke Skywalker become a Jedi Knight is a fascinating journey that ends with this movie. Right out of the gate, he begins by helping to save Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt.


I don't have the trilogy on Blu-Ray, (I was tired of all the changes) but this scene was added to show Luke completing the construction of his new lightsaber, and how it ended up inside R2-D2.  I could do without the part where Vader is calling to Luke.  We've already heard him do this multiple times. However, the scene does a great job of showing us how Luke has matured.



My favorite moment of Return of the Jedi would be the sail barge attack.  Han Solo was defrosted, but they all got caught in the process, so Luke had to come help get them all out.  He is also unsuccessful, but it's clear that they knew this was a possibility because he'd put his lightsaber inside R2-D2 and knew they'd be put on the sail barge.


This scene is fast paced, and the music is one of my favorite pieces.  If I had to pick an actual one moment that is my favorite, it would be when Luke is giving the signal to Lando, Leia, and R2-D2, and then when he jumps down from the plank and flips while waiting for his lightsaber from R2-D2.

Believe it or not, I couldn't find a clip of the entire scene on YouTube!  What I have below is a clip from the first 90 seconds of the scene.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...