Sunday, June 22, 2014

30 Days of Star Wars: Day 22

Star Wars Quotes




Without further ado, here are some of the most quoted lines from the original trilogy.


  • Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try
  • Anger, fear and aggression lead to the dark side
  • When judging people, size matters not
  • Wars do not make one great
  • Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
  • …No. There is another.
  • Pass on what you have learned
  • Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. …Hmm? On what he was doing.
  • Told you I did. Reckless is he. …Now, matters are worse.


  • Who's scruffy looking?
  • Traveling through hyperspace isn't like dusting crops
  • Well, you said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake.
  • If it smells bad on the outside, it's worse on the inside
  • Never tell me the odds!
  • …Scoundrel. I like that.
  • Laugh it up, fuzzball!
  • …Boring conversation anyway. Luke! We’re gonna have company!
  • Sorry about the mess


  • You do have your moments. Not many, but you have them.
  • You must follow your own path; no one can choose it for you
  • Would somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!
  • I happen to like nice men.
  • Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.
  • Aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
  • Would it help if I got out and pushed?!!
  • You don't have to do this to impress me!


  • There is no such thing as luck
  • Who’s the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him?
  • That’s no moon
  • You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. …We must be cautious.
  • So what I told you was true… from a certain point of view.
  • For over a thousand generations, the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic — before the dark times. Before the Empire.
  • These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.
  • That boy is our last hope
  • Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine



  • …You’ve failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, as my father was before me.
  • I’ll never join you
  • If you’re saying that coming here was a bad idea, I’m starting to agree with you.”
  • You’ll find I’m full of surprises!
  • I’m Luke Skywalker? I’m here to rescue you!
  • Ben! I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I’m ready!
  • I’m not afraid
  • That’s not true.  That’s impossible



  • Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes; your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for your… sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now, his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side… then perhaps she will…
  • I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • You are unwise to lower your defenses!
  • The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force
  • You underestimate the power of the dark side
  • Impressive.  Most impressive.  Obi-Wan has taught you well.
  • I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan.  We meet again at last.  
  • No...I am your father







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...