Tuesday, July 1, 2014

30 Days of July, 2014: Day 1

Goals For The Month



It's July!  4th of July bbq's, the last month of summer vacation, another blog challenge....there are lots of new things to look forward to this month.

What are my goals during this last month of summer vacation?




Well, Wednesday I'm having my acrylic nails taken off.  I've never had them before, and I was excited to try them.  They turned out beautifully.  However, it turns out I just don't like them.  Typing is almost impossible, playing the piano is difficult, it's hard to take out and put in my contact lenses, and when the back of the nail gets dirty, it's not easy to clean it.  I always knew I was anal about my nails; having acrylics put on has shown me just how anal I am about them!  I'm bummed about not liking them, but it's an expensive habit, so I'll live.




The first week of June I lost almost 5 pounds, much to my amazement.  The next week I lost nothing, and then we went to California the 3rd week and I gained it all back!  Last week I got back on the exercise bandwagon and lost 1 1/2 pounds.  My goal for July is to loose 5lbs, and continue that pace until I've finally lost the weight I gained back since my miscarriage and surgery last October.




In the state of Utah, people are allowed to shoot off fireworks during the ENTIRE month!  It's great on the 4th, and then later in the month on Pioneer Day, but otherwise it gets very annoying, very quickly!!  My goal here is to be able to sleep through the fireworks that the neighbors play with until midnight each night!!




I'm hoping and praying that I get my Mac computer back this month!  The school has been doing computer upgrades so we had to turn in our computers.  I've been forced to use the PC, and I CAN'T STAND IT! The saying it true:  Once you go MAC, you don't go back!!




The main thing I'll be doing this month is relaxing before training begins in August.  I've thoroughly enjoyed sitting on my behind watching TV this summer.  I'm a homebody, and proud of it.  I'll be getting excited for the upcoming school year, and preparing for all the good and trying things that come with the wonderful job that I have.

It's going to be a great month, and it will fly by very quickly.  My new blog challenge is very random, I hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...