Friday, July 11, 2014

30 Days of July, 2014: Day 11

Would You Rather Be Rich or Healthy?














When I first saw this topic, I laughed very hard because the answer just flew out of my mouth at the computer when I read it!  Let's look at both sides of this question, and then I'll give you my opinion.

If you are rich but unhealthy, money would not be a problem. You could stay home and not worry about having to work because you would have all the money you needed to pay your bills, buy groceries and all the things you would need/want in life. If you were rich you could also afford the doctor's you need to take can care of you and help make you as healthy as you can be.  Are you in need of surgery?  No problem, you can afford it.  Need a doctor in a foreign country who is the only person that can help you? Again, just call him up...you can fit the bill. Depending on how unhealthy you were, being rich could make your life A LOT easier. If you were so unhealthy that you were bed ridden, or dying, money can help there, too. Maybe it can't take away your problems, but you'd have the finances to make your life as comfortable as possible for as long as you needed.

Now let's look at the other side of this.  If you are healthy, but poor, or barely surviving despite living in a two income family, then life is a little more difficult for you.  Who are we kidding, life is A LOT more difficult for you. You're healthy, but can you afford rent, food, clothing? If you are healthy, but poor, you're probably struggling everyday to make ends meet, worrying how you are going to pay the bills. All it does it add more stress and big problems to your life. You're healthy, so you can enjoy your life and family, but do you have any money at all to do anything with them if you are poor?

There is NO QUESTION in my mind which one I'd rather be. I deal with a medical problem each and every day. I never know if/when I'm going to have a seizure, where I'm going to be when it happens, or how long it's going to last. I struggle every day with finding the money to pay bills, buy groceries, etc.  The stress of this situation sucks. I'm already unhealthy, so....


I'll be unhealthy and rich and take the money, thank you very much! At least then I wouldn't have to worry about the above problems, and I'd have the finances to be able to afford doctor's, surgeries, not have to work, etc.  We'd be able to afford adoption or surrogacy, since my medication isn't safe during pregnancy. I HATE living paycheck to paycheck, despite budgeting out our money, and for once I'd love nothing more than to just not have to worry about it anymore.

There's a phrase that "Money can't buy happiness".  I don't agree with that AT ALL. I think this phrase comes from people who have money because they don't have to worry about it! I'll take the money every day! If that makes me a shallow person, oh well....I just don't care; at least money wouldn't be a concern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...