Wednesday, July 2, 2014

30 Days of July, 2014: Day 2

If You Could Offer One Piece Of Advice to A Newborn, What Would It Be?



(look at my cute boy!)


Interesting question.  There are so many things that could be said, but as a teacher, there is something that comes up over and over again that I'm constantly telling my kids.

The 5th graders I teach all wish that they were adults.  They want to drive, make their own decisions, be finished with school...ANYWHERE but where they currently are in life.  The one piece of information I would give a newborn is the same information I give my 5th graders:  STOP WANTING TO GROW UP SO FAST!!! 



Being an adult sucks...for the most part.  Sure, adults can drive, and we can make our own decisions. However, the biggest reason it sucks to be an adult is this:


Bills 

Bills make being an adult suck.  You spend 18 years wanting nothing more than to be an adult, and then spend the remaining 60-70 years of your life wishing you were a kid again! All the fun of life is taken away because of the fact that you have to stress about how you will pay your rent and utilities, afford groceries and gas, and purchase the basic necessities required to survive.  If you are rich, then life is much easier for you in this category, and I'm very jealous of you. But for the majority of Americans, bills take all the fun out of being an adult.




Yep, that's EXACTLY what it's like to be an adult!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...