Saturday, June 27, 2015

Did You Think To Pray?


Well, after having such a difficult few weeks, I got on my knees yesterday and had a screaming conversation (through prayer), with Heavenly Father.  I've been angry, frustrated, confused, and I needed to find peace with having to move back into an apartment, peace with my job situation, peace with many, many things.

I was planning to go and see a townhouse that morning, so during my screaming prayer I asked to know whether it was the right place to go.  I REALLY wanted to move there, because the thought of going all the way back to an apartment made me want to puke.  Apartment living sucks, and I have felt that by this point in life, we should be past that.

I went over to the townhouse complex, and toured the model home.  We had lived in the "sister" complex to this place back when we lived in Draper, so I was really excited.  It was really nice.  I happened to ask about the washer and dryer; whether we could hook up our own.  Nope.  Yikes, that became a huge strike against them.  We love our washer/dryer, and we want to USE them, not put them in my sister's garage!  I continued the tour and noticed there was no linen closet for towels and bed sheets, no way to put a shelf above the washer and dryer for our detergent to sit, and the parking was VERY far from the house.  I still left a holding deposit, but I knew that Nick wasn't going to be happy about the washer/dryer situation.

Once home, I began writing a pro/con list.  This place is smoke and pet free: BIG pro.  That was about the only pro I could come up with.  The townhouse was in a location that provides no privacy, and like I mentioned earlier, we wouldn't be able to use our beloved washer and dryer or have the other few amenities that we would like:  especially for the price they wanted.  Needless to say, I was bummed and wondering what we were going to do.


Later that day, I had the feeling that I should go over to an apartment complex that is near our current house, and one that I've done research on before. Online it looked like a nice place, but I didn't seriously look into it because...it was an apartment and that was the LAST place I wanted to go.

Brandon and I went over, and we toured the model.  I LOVED IT!  We could use our washer and dryer, it has a linen closet, a pantry, and a shelf in the laundry room.  Parking is much closer, the apartment we would be getting is in a more secluded spot, and it's on the 3rd floor, where no one will be above us.  Sure, moving in and climbing the stairs with groceries won't be fun, but I could use the exercise!  The apartment is also about $150 less than the townhouse, and 200 square feet bigger! It's the perfect size for the 3 of us, and the apartment community has beautiful landscaping and a very nice feel about it.  I couldn't believe it, but I found myself WANTING to move into this apartment!  I was stunned.  The night before I'd had a huge conversation with Nick, begging him to find the money in the budget for us to go to the townhouses. Suddenly I was completely happy with moving into this complex.  It was an answer to my screaming prayer from the morning.

As I continued to talk with the nice lady in the office, everything came together.  We'll be able to start moving into the new place throughout the month of August since we'll have to pay rent for the place we're in now because the lease won't be up yet.  We can live in the new place, get it completely set up BEFORE school starts, and spend more time cleaning this house so that we can get as much of the deposit back as possible.  We won't have to RUSH to move this time, like we've had to do the past 3 times.

As I mentioned in my last post, this has been a very difficult year.  I have finally found the answers I've been looking for.  I am at peace with why I am at my current job, that it's where I should be right now.  I am at peace regarding where we will be living in August. The answers didn't come when I wanted them, they came when they were supposed to.


Life is full of trials.  How we handle them is what is important.  Next time we find ourselves angry, frustrated, and confused, we need to remember this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...