Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day To Remember The Fallen


To begin my post, a beautiful song about fallen soldiers.  "Heaven Was Needing A Hero" by Jo Dee Messina.





I have family in the military.  So far, we've been blessed to not loose any family while they were in action.

My uncle has been a marine since he was 18. 


 My cousin's husband (my cousin-in-law) is currently serving our country in Afghanistan


My other cousin (her older brother) is in the army with his family and stationed in Japan


This day has taken on a new meaning for me this year. The past month I've been teaching at the American Preparatory Academy and Friday they had their first Memorial Day assembly.

The 1st - 5th graders all learned the song, "Thank You, Soldiers" by Michael and Angela Souders. When they performed it at the end of the assembly, there were no dry eyes in the gym.  It was the most beautiful thing, and it really started me thinking about all that our military does for us.

On a personal note, I want to not only thank my family who are in the military, but their families who all sacrifice so much.  Thank you for defending our country so that my family can continue to enjoy freedom.  I love you!

And for all the other people serving our country, this song puts my feelings of thankfulness into words better than I could ever say it myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...