Monday, May 2, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge

Monday, May 02, 2011


Weight Loss Challenge


I have struggled with my weight for the past decade.  My senior year of high school I lost 20 pounds and it was wonderful.  Living on campus at BYU-Idaho I managed to keep the weight off, simply because I walked everywhere I went.  Coming back to California in my early 20s, it became a mess.  Around 22 I worked my butt off, lost 70 pounds, and was in the best shape of my life.  I managed to maintain that weight loss until about a year after I was married. 

A baby and 10 years after my last significant weight loss, I am once again here; tired of being heavy, tired of not being able to go to the store and try on clothes because they don't fit me, tired of having a poor self esteem.   

I have decided to try and do something about it.  Starting Friday, June 4th (when school is officially over), I am going to do everything I can to once again loose a significant amount of weight.  I have written out an exercise plan and eating plan (which are on my fridge door!), all the stuff that is helpful to be successful. 

Like I said earlier, 10 years and a baby later, I'm hoping this will still work.  I know that it will be difficult, which is why I'm also blogging about it.  Telling people about this gives me a lot of motivation to stick to the plan, and be honest with myself.  The LAST thing I want to do is tell people I'm going to work on becoming healthier and loose weight, only to fail at it! 


Bless my husband's heart, he loves me no matter what, but....


I'd like to not worry that I'm going to break his back, or kill him when he picks attempts to pick me up!




I'm tired of, and unhappy looking like this.  I believe I'm finally in the frame of mind, and have the desire in my heart to put in the hard work and effort it will take to once again look like this:



Each week I will update this page about my progress:  whether it's good or not.  Think of it as my weight loss journal, just shared with whoever reads my blog!

Here's to hoping for success, and finally changing my lifestyle!  May will be my last month of "fun", and then come June Dove chocolate, along with a lot of other things, will be banned from this house!


2 comments:

  1. Wendy, you are have always been beautiful to me. I have never even noticed your weight before. But I understand wanting to feel good about yourself. Jake and I just started P90X yesterday (kicked my trash) but I'm hoping to lose some baby weight too. Let's keep on each other! I know you'll work hard to achieve your goal; you're a very determined person. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...