Sunday, May 1, 2011

Outside The Box

Last week we celebrated Easter at my sister's house.  She had the most DIVINE dinner rolls.  It was one of those times when you put something in your mouth and wonder if you've just tasted heaven!
She told me they were Rhodes Dinner Rolls.  I went to the store to find them.

After reading the package, I discovered that they took quite a while to make.  You have to let them rise for 3 - 5 hours.  Well, as Nick would say, "Sometimes the things that taste the best take time to make."  (unless you're talking about Dove Chocolate!)

I am in no way, shape, or form, a cook.  If it doesn't come prepackaged in a box, I usually don't make it.  Sad, but true.  So this was my first attempt at baking.  (I know, I just had to put them in a pan and let them rise, but it's a big deal for me!!)

Here is what they looked like at 10am this morning:


And now, 3 hours later at 1pm


Ready to explode out of the pan at 3pm


And finally, shortly after completion at 5pm.  I forgot to take a picture before we started eating them.  Yes, they are THAT GOOD!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh those look so yummy! I have some in my freezer - we may just eat them tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...