Tuesday, February 25, 2014

30 Days of TV: Day 12


An Episode You've Watched More Than 5 Times

One day I was watching TV with Brandon, and I came across a cartoon that I fell in love with.  I've always been a fan of cartoons, but more of those that I grew up with, not so much those that Brandon enjoyed watching at the time, such as Blue's Clues, The Backyardigans, Dora the Explorer, etc.  However, this show made me laugh, and Brandon loved it too.


The very first episode I ever saw of Phineas and Ferb ended up becoming my favorite, and I've seen it A LOT MORE than 5 times.  Season 1, episode 22; Dude, We're Getting The Band Back Together

It is Mom and Dad's anniversary, and Dad has forgotten about it.  Phineas and Ferb decide to help get Mom and Dad's favorite band, Love Handel back together so that they can have a concert in their backyard, and save Dad from getting into trouble for forgetting his anniversary.




The reason this episode is such a classic is the music.  The boys head off to find the first member, Danny.




After recruiting Danny, it's off to the next member.  Turns out that Bobby, the bass player for Love Handel, is now Mom's hairdresser.  While Phineas and Ferb are trying to convince him to rejoin, Candace has to distract Mom, who is in the salon at the same time.  I LOVE THIS SONG!




With Danny and Bobby in, they just need to convince Swampy, the drummer.  This is the best song of the episode!




With everyone ready, all that was left was to start the concert.  See the finale here

This is a great episode.  Unfortunately, I don't think that Disney plans on putting any more episodes of Phineas and Ferb onto Netflix.  I know there have been quite a few movies, and a 4th season, and they have yet to appear.  It's a shame, because this show is so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...