Wednesday, February 26, 2014

30 Days of TV: Day 13


My Favorite Childhood Show


I have two shows from my childhood that I remember loving.  And when I had access to Cartoon Network, Brandon and I would watch them.  I actually got him hooked on them, and then we got rid of cable....I was sad.

My first favorite childhood show revolves around 4 bumbling crime fighting teenagers and their dog......




I LOVE Scooby Doo!  The original, raw, 1970's episodes.  Not the versions that have come out since then.  I'm a fan of the Scooby Doo Adventures where they would meet up with the famous people of that time; The Adams' Family, Sonny & Cher, Batman & Robin, etc.  But the original 2 seasons of this show are my absolute favorite; so much so, that I own them!

The shows are so fun because they are simply so ridiculous!  You meet the "bad guy" within the first 5 minutes of the episode, "Danger prone Daphne" usually screws up the crazy plot to catch the "ghost", and the cheesy music found in each episode pulls it all together.  Below are a few of my favorite songs from the show.







This is my favorite song, and probably my favorite episode.  It's catchy, and just fun.




My second favorite childhood cartoon is also still one of my favorites today.  But like with Scooby Doo, I prefer the original cartoons from the 1970's - 1980's, not those that have been made recently.


I miss cable for this show.  Brandon LOVED it!  This show became a part of our evening routine.  Below are some great moments from this show.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...