Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

Wow, another year gone.  This was actually a pretty good year for me, compared to the last few years.  I've mentioned before that I like "year in review" stuff, so I'm going to take a few minutes and review my 2010.

The beginning of the year was pretty quiet.  This became the year Brandon was old enough to "understand" all the holidays, and really wanted to get out and do things.

Nothing really happened in my life until March.  Brandon turned three and Nick and I began our final reconcilliation attempt, and it stuck.

In April I was at work and sprained my ankle very badly.  I fell in front of 130 kindergarteners who ran up to me wanting to make sure I was ok.  It was all I could do to not cry in front of them....it hurt a lot!  I ended up in physical therapy and using a Cam Walker for about a month.  Fun, fun, fun.

The summer is when life became very busy.  Nick and I got remarried in June. 


Over the summer since I wasn't able to get any summer school teaching jobs, Brandon and I spent a lot of time at the park.




In July, Brandon went to the fair for the first time.






Later in August, Grandma signed Brandon up for soccer.






During the summer Nick decided that he wanted to join the military, specifically the Navy.  But due to past health issues, he was unable to join.  We began to do a lot of praying about what we should do about jobs, since California was dry in regards to me getting a teaching job.

Work and school started again in September.  I began this blog in September, and have had a blast with it!

Then in October something very odd happened to me.  One night I noticed something on my stomach that I first thought was a pimple.  It turns out that it was a spider bite.  Now, nothing for me is ever easy.  The bite never drained on its own and I had to have it LANCED!  (which means the doctor had to numb the area and cut into my skin so that the puss could leak out!)  It hurt, was a pain in the butt to deal with, and has left a scar.


Totally, and completely GROSS!!

Like I mentioned earlier, this was the year that Brandon was finally old enough to be interested in all the holiday fun.

For Halloween, Brandon was Spider-man.




November is when our lives completely changed.  We had been thinking of moving to Utah, and almost did in October but plans just didn't work out.  The idea of moving came up again in November, and two weeks after making the decision to move, we were gone.  Nick was able to transfer his job, and after speaking to a friend who is an assistant principle, I felt confident that I would be able to find substitute teaching jobs in Utah and work my way to a teaching job instead of staying in California where there was nothing for me.

We left California on Thanksgiving day and haven't looked back since. 


Since we were traveling on Thanksgiving, the only "festivities" we had for that holiday were the art projects Brandon would bring home from school.


11 days after arriving in Utah I had already had a preliminary interview with a school district which now makes me eligible for a job, and I had landed a long-term sub job, with other jobs available when the current one is over! 




The Christmas season was so much fun!  Living so close to Salt Lake, we took a "train" to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. 







Since we now live in the same place as my sister, my mom came to us for Christmas and we celebrated together.



Brandon was very excited about Santa Claus coming...and Brandon must've been a very good boy, because Santa left him lots of presents!







We started the year divorced, in hot California and ended the year remarried and living in freezing cold Utah!





Here's to hoping I land a full time teaching job in 2011 and have an even better year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...