Thursday, December 23, 2010

Who Sings It Better?

I am a huge fan of music from the 1960s.  Our face-off today is two versions of the song "The Tracks of My Tears" by Smokey Robinson.

First up, the version by Smokey Robinson:

video


Season 8 of American Idol was the year the world was introduced to Adam Lambert.  His version is up next:

video

So, which version do I prefer?  This is another easy one for me.  The original is beautiful, but Adam Lambert managed to make it sound like a completely different song, yet still be recognizable as "The Tracks of My Tears".  I prefer Adam's version!

One side note:  I enjoyed season 8 of American Idol more than any other season because of Adam Lambert.  It's just very sad that he went from this:


to this: 


I LOVED Adam Lambert until he went glam and started throwing his sexuality in our faces.  It was no question that he was gay while he was on Idol, and I have no problem with that.  It's just sad that his career has become all about that.  After Idol Adam just went over the top, and it has become too difficult for me to watch him because of this.

I guess I'll always have his performances on American Idol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...