Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Who Sings It Better?

The Twelve Days of Christmas has never been one of my favorite Christmas songs.  In fact, next to 99 Bottle Of Beer On The Wall it's one of the few songs I simply can't stand to listen to. 

So my challenge today was to find two versions of this song and pick one that I could actually stand listening too!

First up, a classic; John Denver and the Muppets:


A few years ago, my sister introduced me to a group called Straight, No Chaser.  They sang a version of The Twelve Days Of Christmas on a Christmas program we watched at her house. 

 

Now, if you asked Brandon, he would want to listen to John Denver and the Muppets all day long.  I enjoy the Muppets, so this version isn't that difficult to listen to.

However, the version by Straight, No Chaser is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!  Not only are they singing a cappella, but they break out into so many different songs it's just simply incredible!  My favorite part is when they begin to sing the song Africa by Toto at the very end.  I could listen to this version all year long and never get tired of it!

So, who sings it better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...