Thursday, January 6, 2011

Who Sings It Better?

Well, the title should actually be something like, "Who Plays It Better?" because today I'm matching up two versions of one of my favorite pieces of music from Star Wars, The Imperial March.  For those of you who read Star Wars Saturday last week, I just used this piece of music, but oh well, it's a great piece!



John Williams is amazing.  He not only composed all 6 Star Wars movies, but Jaws, all four Indiana Jones movies, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, and almost every other movie ever made by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

First up, the version as it appears in the movies.

video


And next, a version with a "heavy metal" feel to it.

video

Which version do I prefer?  I LOVE the Star Wars soundtracks and listen to them often.  When I listen to the first version, I find myself singing along to the beat, as dumb as that sounds!  However, I'm not the only one who does this.  Brandon has begun "singing" along with the Star Wars music while he watches the movies!

If I had to listen to the second version without the video playing behind it, I think my ears would begin to bleed!  Give me the original version ANY DAY.  Besides the fact that the video for the original is so much better, the symphony orchestra just gives the song the heart that it is famous for.

So, who "plays" it better?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...