Tuesday, April 1, 2014

30 Days of Music: Day 9

A Song That Reminds You of Something Sad




I've never been "lucky in love".  Throughout high school, and the majority of college, I was labeled "friend" by whatever boy I had a crush on.  It was not fun, and never easy to watch the other girl get the guy I wished liked me back.  It was equally difficult to listen to the boy share his girl woes with me when I wished he would just see ME.  The topic is songs that remind me of something sad; well here it is.....my nonexistent "love life" through college and the sadness it caused!  The songs in this post are some that helped me deal with the sadness, and move on.

I love the movie My Best Friend's Wedding.  I laugh, and cry every time I watch it.  I can relate to it in SO MANY WAYS!  This first song comes from that soundtrack.  "You Don't Know Me", by Jann Arden.



"I Can't Make You Love Me", by Bonnie Raitt is next.  It's a beautiful song to begin with, but also a wonderful coping song!




"It Will Be Me" by Faith Hill was another song that got me through my sorrow.




Now onto songs that helped me get my head out of my sorrows and move on.



"The Power of Good-bye", by Madonna is a song that is very emotional.

Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
Freedom comes when you learn to let go
Creation comes when you learn to say no

You were my lesson I had to learn
I was your fortress you had to burn
Pain is a warning that something's wrong
I pray to God that it won't be long
Do ya wanna go higher?

[Chorus:]

There's nothing left to try
There's no place left to hide
There's no greater power
Than the power of good-bye

Your heart is not open so I must go
The spell has been broken, I loved you so
You were my lesson I had to learn
I was your fortress

[Chorus2:]

There's nothing left to lose
There's no more heart to bruise
There's no greater power
Than the power of good-bye

Learn to say good-bye
I yearn to say good-bye






And finally, the song that always helped me leave it all behind and move on.  "I'll Be Okay", by Amanda Marshall, also from the soundtrack for My Best Friend's Wedding.




I hope you enjoyed my sad journey today!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...