Monday, March 31, 2014

30 Days of Music: Day 8

Songs That Make You Want to Dance


Originally I was just suppose to pick one song that makes me want to dance.  Seriously?  Just one?  Nope, don't think so.  First off, I don't dance.   But there are many songs that make me want to tap my feet.  Below are a few of those songs.  Get ready:  my love for music from the 1970s will be seen here!

The very first song that came to mind when I thought about what songs make me want to dance was "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson.  If you're not wanting to dance within the first 30 seconds, then I don't know any song that will make you feel that way!!





I was introduced to this song when I was watching a figure skating show on TV back in 1996.  Those were the "golden years" of figure skating, when Scott Hamilton led the tours of all the famous names at the time.  Kurt Browning, one of those skaters, did a routine to this song, and I've loved it ever since.




Now for a little female inspiration.  ABBA did a song called "Dancing Queen" that gets people up off their feet each time they hear it.




A party favorite, YMCA always gets a crowd jumping.



(admit it, you did the YMCA movements with your arms, didn't you?!?)


And now for a trip into the early 1980s....to Whitney Houston.  How could I do a post about dancing songs and not put "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" in it?  I hadn't watched this video in a long time before writing this post.  Holy cow....the pink/purple/blue eyeshadow!  We look back now and wonder what we were thinking, but her look was so popular in the 1980s!!!




Finally, the song that got an entire room dancing...and won a Grammy.  If the final scene from Dirty Dancing doesn't inspire you to at least pretend that you know how to dance, I don't think there is hope for you!  If anything, every girl wanted to learn this dance, wanted Baby's dress, and to dance (and kiss) Johnny!!!  Patrick Swayze, you are so missed!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...