Thursday, March 27, 2014

30 Days of Music: Day 4

Rock Anthems



Growing up, I was NOT a fan of heavy metal groups.  Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Poison...these groups just weren't on my radar.  I give credit to my little sister for changing my mind about these groups.

Think about songs that have survived through the decades.  Songs that are continually played on radio stations, and passed on from one generation to the next.  Songs that you find yourself randomly singing without even realizing it.  Chances are a few of them are from "Heavy Metal" bands from the 1980s and 1990s.

It wasn't easy to choose, but below are a few of my favorite "rock anthems" from the 1980s and 1990s.





When this next video was released, MTV, and the world went crazy.  It was very graphic for the time, and dealt with a very serious, unpleasant issue.  However, this song did go on to win a Grammy and has stood the test of time.




No list would be complete without a little Guns N' Roses.




The hair, the good looks, the AWESOME songs; Bon Jovi is next.




Released in 1975, and introduced to a new generation thanks to the movie Wayne's World, the last song is the greatest anthem of all.  "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.





Which anthem would you include?



1 comment:

  1. I would have added Back In Black by AC/DC, Enter Sandman by Metallica and Silent Lucidity by Queensryche.I love your picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...