Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day Five: My Favorite Quote

Ok, I don't do quotes!  I'm not one who has a lot of quotes spinning around in my mind, ready to be spoken when the moment is right. 

However, since I knew this post was coming, I've been trying to come up with SOMETHING.  I could quote Star Wars for you all day, but I think that would be beating a dead horse!  So, I've complied quotes that are from movies and tv, with the quotes first, along with a picture showing you where it's from: 


"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"





"Try not.  Do or do not.  There is not try."





"I know a lot of people without brains who do an awful lot of talking"





"Life is like a box of chocolates:  you never know what you're gonna get"





Ross Gellar:
"First divorce: wife's hidden sexuality, not my fault.


Second divorce: said the wrong name at the altar, kind of my fault.


Third divorce: they shouldn't let you get married when you're that drunk and have stuff drawn all over your face, Nevada's fault."



Ok, I changed my mind.  I simply can't do a posting about my favorite quotes without adding in the quotes that I know the best, the quotes from my favorite movie on the planet...Star Wars.  Below is a picture of a poster that I have.  Right now it's hanging on the wall of Brandon's bedroom. 


It says:
  • Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try
  • Anger, fear and aggression lead to the dark side
  • In seeking your destiny, patience is your ally
  • Always let the Wookie win!
  • When judging people, size matters not
  • Traveling through hyperspace isn't like dusting crops
  • There is no such thing as luck
  • Don't underestimate the Force
  • You must follow your own path; no one can choose it for you
  • Keep your promises, even if they take you far, far away
  • Pass on what you have learned
  • If it smells bad on the outside, it's worse on the inside
  • The possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1
  • Wars do not make one great
  • Faith in your friends is a strength, not a weakness
  • In your pursuit of peace and justice, remember, the Force will be with you...always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...